What to do when your laptop does not work:
- Restart the laptop. If the laptop still does not work move to step 2.
- See the Media Center Paraprofessional. They can troubleshoot common problems or tell you to move to step 3.
- See the computer technician. The computer technician will determine if they can quickly fix the computer or if you will move to step 4.
Laptop Damage Form (For Staff)
- The media center paraprofessional will check out another laptop to the student while the computer technician determines the problem.
- If the technician can fix the problem they will do so and return the computer to the media center paraprofessional so they can return the laptop and collect the loaner. If they cannot fix the problem the computer technician will move to step 5.
- Step 5 requires the computer technician to asses the laptop and possibly send the laptop out for repair. It may take some time for your laptop to return. Please remember to take care of your "loaner" laptop just as you would your regular laptop. When your laptop returns from repair, the media center paraprofessional will collect your loaner (and check for damage) and return your original laptop.