The mission of our school is "Working Together = Learning For All". We truly live in a culture here at Lee where teachers, parents, students, and community members work in cooperation with each other, and create an environment that allows us to have the best educational environment we can produce.
It is our philosophy that before we teach Math, Reading, Science and Social Studies, we teach Children. This approach demonstrates that we believe in establishing positive relationships with our students so as to build an environment of trust, in a caring and nurturing atmosphere. We believe it is vital to establish this climate in order for students to reach their academic potential, as well as build their self confidence
Our Belief Statements
- We believe that learning is a lifelong process.
- We believe that individual responsibility is fundamental to learning.
- We believe there is strength in diversity.
- We believe positive relationships enhance effectiveness.
- We believe that working cooperatively enhances individual and group performances.
- We believe that all individuals have unique gifts and talents.
- We believe that change provides opportunities for growth.
- We believe that a commitment to quality requires a system to continually improve.
- We believe that learning empowers and that all individuals can learn.
Will L. Lee Elementary is a Pre-Kindergarten through 4th grade building
- Enrollment is 525 students ECDD through 4th grade
- Teaching staff includes 2 administrators, 30 teachers, 2 secretaries, 8 paraprofessionals, and 7 support staff
- Curriculum follows the Michigan Standard Curriculum
- MLPP Literacy Model
- Our after school programs are designed to provide necessary enrichment for our students.
- Speech/Language Specialists
- Integration of special needs students
- FOSS kits to support the science curriculum
- After School Programs
- Excellent reading and math intervention program
- NWEA and DRA assessments used for instruction and curriculum support.