Community service is service without pay to a non-profit agency/organization, an individual, or a group in need.
- Starting with the class of 2020, students must complete 40 hours of service and a reflection questionnaire, before May 1st of their senior year. Service may begin the summer prior to a student’s freshmen year.
- For students enrolled after the first semester of their freshmen year, the requirement will be prorated to equal five hours times the number of semesters enrolled in Richmond High School.
- Service must be performed outside of school hours unless under the supervision of the classroom teacher and directly tied to the curriculum. (Service-Learning)
- All community service must be pre-approved by the community service-learning coordinators (The High School Media Para-Professionals).
- All community service must be logged. Log sheets are available here or in the high school media center.
- Childcare/babysitting count only when done for a non-profit organization.
- Helping family members is done out of love and is not considered community service.
Please see the High School Media Para-Professionals for information regarding community service.
Click here for the Community Service Log Form
Click here for a list of Community Service Opportunities